Trinity Mission held its first service on Sunday afternoon, May 22, 1921 at the home of Mrs. T.S. Markly on Long Branch Ave. in Ocean Beach, San Diego. It is recorded that 12 members were in attendance. Trinity Mission became Holy Trinity Parish in 1957 and was a founding member of the Episcopal Diocese of San Diego in January 1, 1974. Since becoming a parish Holy Trinity has had three Rectors, The Rev. John Nickolson, 1954-1978; The Rev. Lawrence Bausch, 1979-2017; The Rev. Charles Paul Gibbons V, 2017- Current.